Called to bar 2011
Adv. Ayitey E. Ayayee is a legal practitioner admitted to practice as an independent advocate in 2011 and is a member of the Johannesburg Society of Advocates (JSA). His practice areas are primarily civil and commercial with notable experience in administrative law and construction law. He has notably acted as legal counsel for various political parties and voluntary associations.
Adv. Ayayee is further a member of the Corporate Governance Institute (CGI) (formerly CSSA) with the professional designation ACIS, which identifies him as an accredited governance professional. He is also a member of the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa (IoDSA) and serves as a director of various companies.
Notable Reported Decisions
- MATJHABENG LOCAL MUNICIPALITY v ESKOM HOLDINGS LTD AND OTHERS 2018 (1) SA 1 CC
- HUIJINK-MARITZ v MUNICIPAL MANAGER, MATJHABENG MUNICIPALITY AND ANOTHER 2018 (5) SA 614 (FB)
- FINES4U (PTY) LTD & ANOTHER v DEPUTY REGISTRAR, ROAD TRAFFIC INFRINGEMENT AGENCY & OTHERS 2017 (2) SACR 35 (GP)
- DEMOCRATIC ALLIANCE v SOUTH AFRICAN BROADASTING CORPORATION 2016 JDR 2330 (WCC)
- SETSIBA & OTHERS v TRANS-ORANGE CONFERENCE OF THE SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH & OTHERS (6277/2014)  ZAGPJHC 62
In Proposing An Enhancement of SACU Competition Policy, LAP Lambert Publishers ( December 2012)
Masters of Laws: International Trade & Investment Law in Africa (University of Pretoria)
Bachelors of Laws (University of the Witwatersrand)
AIPSA Higher Certificate Insolvency Law & Estate Administration (University of Pretoria)
Certificate Property Development & Investment (University of Cape Town)