CALLED TO BAR: 2018
COUNTRIES OF ADMISSION: SOUTH AFRICA
- Civil Litigation (Contractual and Delictual disputes)
- Administrative Law, Public Procurement Litigation
- Constitutional Law, Customary Law, Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Company Law
- Competition Law and Medical Malpractice.
- Labour Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
LLB (University of Stellenbosch).
Admitted as an attorney in 2017 after which she practiced as such before commencing pupillage and subsequently joining the Johannesburg Bar. Retha Richards currently practices as an advocate.
Shortly after being admitted as an attorney Retha Richards made a long-standing, goal-directed move to the bar as she is most content when drafting, researching or on her feet in court.
Retha has a deep passion for general litigation but the law in general is what makes her tick and she is therefore open to a wide spectrum of work.
Retha is an avid writer, a confident public speaker and she considers her diligence and people skills as some of her best qualities.